Who we are…
KAIROS is a School of Spiritual Formation and Spiritual Direction Training. The school is rooted in the life and teachings of Jesus and is informed by Ignatian spirituality and the wisdom tradition.
In addition to our Formation community, we offer monthly retreat opportunities, including weekend Silent Retreats. Participants are invited to explore a journey to inner stillness as a path to seeing God in all of life.
KAIROS’ foundation is based on these core experiences that have guided us from the beginning:
- Prayer: Contemplative prayer involving both teaching and practice of prayer forms and meditation
- Retreat: Silence and solitude with support to nurture contemplative living in our busy world
- Community: Support and encouragement for the spiritual journey
- Guidance: Spiritual direction, formative reading, contemplative dialogue and discernment
- Training: Learning to contemplatively companion others on their journey
KAIROS is not affiliated with any particular church or denomination. Our board, faculty, and students come from diverse Christian traditions and welcome the wisdom and beauty of other spiritual traditions as well. KAIROS is a loving, spacious environment that encourages asking spiritual questions and embraces the joys, pain, and struggles of our humanity. We view all of life’s experiences as rich, fertile ground for growing in relationship with God and all Creation.
Contemplative spirituality opens us to the Mystery of God and the grace to see the Divine Mystery shining through all life. We believe the loving nature of God transforms people’s hearts to be loving vessels of change and peace in the world.