This program will consist of eight weekend retreats and a day in December of meditation and prayer. The retreats will be grounded in silence and Christian contemplative spirituality yet will draw on the wisdom of other religious traditions. In a nurturing and supportive community, we intend to weave together a rich experience of meditation, prayer, and ritual to integrate the mind, soul, and body in the work of awakening to the greater Mystery that holds all.
- Being alive to the fact that God is our Source and the Ground of our existence. As Thomas Merton says, “Life is this simple: we are living in a world that is absolutely transparent and the divine is shining through it all the time. This is not just a nice story or a fable, it is true.” The goal of contemplative prayer is to become conscious of what is already there.
- Increasing our capacity for equanimity or detachment – “a way of living in freedom to make use of those things that help to bring us closer to God and leaving aside those things that don’t” (Margaret Silf – Inner Compass).
- Make our contemplative practices part of our everyday life.
- Build a solid foundation of Christian prayer practices and learn from other significant religious traditions.
- Enjoy various prayer rituals – “When humans participate in ceremony, they enter a sacred space, everything outside of that space shrivels in importance. Time takes on a different dimension, emotions flow more freely, the bodies of participants become filled with the energy of life, and this energy reaches out and blesses the creation around them, old is made new, everything becomes sacred.” Sun Bear of the First People.
- Provide a community for those committed to this work of spiritual transformation.
For a full class description, please reference the 16-17 Awakening Prospectus (right).
About the Faculty
Cost & Payment Schedule
The class cost of $2,455 is based on eight full weekends and one Saturday session in December. Please note that we will not be able to offer a refund for any missed weekend, nor will the weekend be transferable to another person.
|Non-refundable Application Fee:||$75||Due with application by July 31, 2016 ($25 if registered by July 1)|
|Room & Board||$1,360|
|$2,455||TOTAL Tuition/Room & Board|
|Payment Schedule||$825||Due August 1, 2016|
|$815||Due December 1, 2016|
|$815||Due March 1, 2017|
Financial assistance is available on a very limited basis. Applicants are encouraged to seek other resources of funding from their local church or religious affiliations. $500 per year is the maximum award and is based upon available funding. Contact Mary Kay Alpaugh, Interim Executive Director, to apply for assistance before July 15. Email director@KAIROSjourney.org or phone, 717-669-2957.
Back to top
- Submit a completed program application and personal essay via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2160 Lincoln Highway East #13, Lancaster, PA 17602. A $75 application fee ($25 if registered by July 1, 2016) is due at the time application and can be made via Paypal (link below) or mailed with application.
- Have three personal references submit references forms to Kairos (not required for returning students).
- After receiving and reviewing application, essay, and references, a confirmation of enrollment will be sent.
- Once enrolled, please make your first tuition payment by August 1, 2016.
**Special Note – If you need regular menu items prepared differently, such as low-salt, or vegetarian items, please advise our administrative staff upon registering for a class/retreat. If you need specialized alternatives that are not routinely stocked by the Jesuit Center kitchen, please bring them with you and inquire about refrigerated storage space.
Pay Application Fee
A $75 ($25 if registered before July 1, 2016) application fee is due with application. You may pay now via Paypal (use a credit card, debit card, or Paypal account).
Once you receive a confirmation of enrollment, you may make your first tuition payment (due August 1, 2016). Before making your payment, please review the terms and conditions HERE. Then select your payment amount and type your name in the box below to indicate that you “accept the Terms/Conditions.”
Request More Information
Back to top