In a community of like-minded contemplatives, we will explore how our contemplative posture and practice shapes and informs an outward movement that extends beyond our inner experience, to our external world and the communities where we live.
In this community we will discuss, reflect, and notice how our own core values and motivations guide and influence the choices we make, and be challenged to consider how an increased awareness of these values and motivations can lead us to choose our actions differently.
This class will meet for five Saturday sessions during the 2016-2017 school year: October 8, 2016, November 5, 2016, January 7, 2017, February 4, 2017, and April 8, 2017.
- To grow a community of practitioners for support and accountability in our lives of contemplative action
- To develop the core values and motivations from which we live
- To be attentive to what is already, and to cultivate our awareness of what could be
- To engage in contemplative practices
- To increase the ways our contemplative practice informs our action
- To develop regular rhythms of pausing, reflecting, examining and acting
For a full class description, please reference the 16-17 Integrating Prospectus (right).
About the Faculty
Cost & Payment Schedule
Non-refundable Application Fee: $75 Due with application
Cost of Tuition/Meals: $350 (Cost based on five Saturday retreats with lunch included. Dates are: October 8, 2016, November 5, 2016, January 7, 2017, February 4, 2017, and April 8, 2017.)
For those desiring additional time and space to journey within this community, full weekend options will be available for the cost of meals and lodging–$950 for all five weekends. Call for additional overnight options.
Financial assistance is available on a very limited basis. Applicants are encouraged to seek other resources of funding from their local church or religious affiliations. $500 per year is the maximum award and is based upon available funding. Contact Mary Kay Alpaugh, Interim Executive Director, to apply for assistance before July 15. Email director@KAIROSjourney.org or phone, 717-669-2957.
- Submit a completed 16-17 Integrating Application (at right) and personal essay via email to email@example.com or mail to 2160 Lincoln Highway East #13, Lancaster, PA 17602. A $75 application fee is due at the time application and can be made via Paypal (link below) or mailed with application.
- After receiving and reviewing the application and essay, Kairos will send a letter to confirm your enrollment in the class.
- Make first tuition payment by August 1, 2016.
**Special Note – If you need regular menu items prepared differently, such as low-salt, or vegetarian items, please advise our administrative staff upon registering for a class/retreat. If you need specialized alternatives that are not routinely stocked by the Jesuit Center kitchen, please bring them with you and inquire about refrigerated storage space.
Pay Application Fee
A $75 application fee is due with application. You may pay now via Paypal (use a credit card, debit card, or Paypal account).