Introduction to the Enneagram: Becoming Your Best Self
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Presenters: Ellen Kanagy and Rhonda Myers
Where: Kairos office, 2160 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17601.
Time: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
EARLY REGISTRATION FEE (by 5/12/17): $65
REGISTRATION FEE: $75
The enneagram is an ancient system that can help us understand human behavior. Having been used by spiritual guides for over 2000 years, this system describes nine personality styles with many variations. Although it is first and foremost a journey of self-discovery, learning this model can also increase understanding and harmony in our family relationships and with our work colleagues. It explores what motivates us, what we tend to avoid, how we react to stress, and when we are at our best. It challenges us, shows us our strengths and weaknesses, and offers a path for personal and spiritual growth.
As a result of attending this program, you will:
- recognize the complexity of being human;
- possess a greater understanding of yourself, your strengths and vulnerabilities;
- understand how fears and defenses can block growth;
- gain insight for deepening your spiritual life and implications for prayer;
- find ways to bring humor and self-compassion into daily struggles, both within yourself and relating with others; and
- receive tools and encouragement for growing toward your best self.