Class members are invited to a deeper exploration of contemplation, that is “a long, loving look at the real.” Deepening Prayer and Contemplative Leadership gives space for each student to look with love at their inner life, life with others and discover more clearly how God is inviting them into deepening relationships in their unique context. Class participation, book discussion, prayer, silence, and solitude offer students opportunity to practice contemplative prayer forms, and to notice how they are becoming a more prayerful presence in everyday life.
Kairos’ Spiritual Formation courses build upon the learnings and experiences of each of the previous year’s class. Foundations of the Contemplative Life or an equivalent experience in Spiritual Formation is recommended prior to this class.
- To deepen one’s personal journey and relationship with God through prayer, meditation, silence and reflection.
- To engage in contemplative prayer practices in personal and group settings.
- To identify common experiences of the spiritual journey and to reflect on and articulate one’s own journey within the group setting.
- To expand one’s practice of contemplative leadership in home, work, community and world.
- To be available to God’s ongoing transformation that invites greater freedom and engagement with our world.
For a full class description, please reference the 17-18 Deepening Prospectus (right).
- Awareness–Alone, Courage, Disappointment
- Discernment–Confession, Self-Knowledge, Withdrawal
- Desire–Longing, Shyness, Unconditional
- Waiting–Beauty, Destiny, Friendship
- Surrender–Forgiveness, Naming, Vulnerability
- Darkness–Crisis, Robustness, Shadow
- Creativity–Loneliness, Rest, Silence
- Honor–Pain, Solace, Touch
- Integration–Anger, Gratitude, Work
About the Faculty
Cost & Payment Schedule
The cost of $1,855 is based on two full weekends (Sept. and May) and six 24 hour retreats (Friday 5:00 pm to Saturday 5:00 pm (Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr) plus Advent Day on December 2, 2017. You may choose to extend any 24 hour retreat for the additional cost of meals and lodging*.
|Non-refundable Application Fee:||$75||Due with application ($25 if registered by July 5)|
|Room & Board||$850|
|$1,855||TOTAL Tuition/Room & Board|
|Payment Schedule||$618||Due August 1, 2017|
|$618||Due December 1, 2017|
|$619||Due March 1, 2018|
* We invite you to deepen your journey by staying an additional night. If you choose this option a spiritual director will be provided and you can join in All-School Prayer services on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. The cost for an additional night is $95 which covers Saturday night lodging and additional meals (Saturday dinner through Sunday lunch). Reservations can be made month by month or for the entire year (Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb, Mar, & Apr) by contacting email@example.com.
Financial assistance is available on a very limited basis. Applicants are encouraged to seek other resources of funding from their local church or religious affiliations. $500 per year is the maximum award and is based upon available funding. Please include a letter of request with your application by July 1 to be considered.
Back to top
- Submit a completed 17-18 Deepening Application and personal essay via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2160 Lincoln Highway East #13, Lancaster, PA 17602. A $75 application fee ($25 if registered by July 5) is due at the time application and can be made via Paypal (link below) or mailed with application.
- Have three personal references submit references forms to Kairos. Please note, references are not required for returning Kairos students.
- After receiving and reviewing application, essay, and references, Kairos will send a letter to confirm your enrollment in the class.
- Make first tuition payment by August 1, 2017.
**Special Note – If you need regular menu items prepared differently, such as low-salt, or vegetarian items, please advise our administrative staff upon registering for a class/retreat. If you need specialized alternatives that are not routinely stocked by the Jesuit Center kitchen, please bring them with you and inquire about refrigerated storage space.
Pay Application Fee
A $75 application fee is due with application. You may pay now via Paypal (use a credit card, debit card, or Paypal account).
Once you receive a confirmation of enrollment, you may make your first tuition payment (due August 1, 2017). Before making your payment, please review the terms and conditions HERE. Then select your payment amount and type your name in the box below to indicate that you “accept the Terms/Conditions.”
Request More Information
Back to top
<< Back to KAIROS Classes List