This webpage suggests ways of volunteering in support of the school you love!
As KAIROS approaches celebrating 25 years of ministry, we are excited about moving forward with fresh ideas and a new strategic plan. If you are sensing God “nudging your heart” to offer support and help through the ministry of KAIROS, I would be happy to explore and discern with you how your gifts and talents could bless KAIROS.
Scroll down through the list below … or perhaps you have a particular skill that you are interested in offering but it’s not listed below … please contact KAIROS to share your ideas!
Support at the Jesuit Center ~ There are a variety of tasks on Friday afternoons (12 Noon – 4:00 p.m.) during KAIROS retreat weekends where volunteer support would be helpful. Duties may include: assistance with pre-weekend set up, distribution of info/handouts to bedrooms, welcoming people as they arrive and helping newcomers to acclimate to the building. (Please note that this volunteer suggestion could be done just one time or any number of times throughout the school/retreat year.)
Weekly (@ the Lancaster KAIROS office)
- Database Entry ~ This position is for someone who loves details and is comfortable with the computer. Your support will assist the Executive Director with donor relations. Having some experience in development is helpful but not required. Volunteer commitment is weekly for 3-4 hours.
- “On Call” for Office support ~ occasional assistance as needed for general office support, including making copies, organizing welcome packets, special mailings, special weekend retreat preparations, etc.
- Community Relations ~ Friendly and outgoing folks are needed to help represent KAIROS in the community at non-profit public events. If you love to talk about KAIROS with others and are comfortable with small presentations, we want YOU to share your passion for KAIROS!
- Help with Events and Retreats ~ Extra hands are always needed for our occasional events. Duties may include: event planning, greeting, parking assistance, providing refreshments, set up or tear down.
- Grant Writing ~ We are hoping to increase our financial support when funds are available through grants. If you have grant-seeking or grant-writing experience, KAIROS is looking for you!
- Board Committees ~ Do you have skills in finance or marketing? Do you have experience with Development or Spiritual Formation? The Board of Directors is welcoming those who are interested in having a key role in shaping and implementing the strategic plan!
- Social Media Team ~ You can help others stay connected with KAIROS on Facebook or Twitter. If you are interested in spreading the contemplative message and are social media savvy, this one is for you!
Please prayerfully consider the invitation
to participate in this supportive effort
as a KAIROS ministry partner!
Feel free to contact KAIROS via email or phone if you have any questions or would like to sign up!